Page infoName admin Date16-12-19 14:50 Hit2,162
- Winter Vacation Announcement 3.docx (93.5K) Downloads : 39 , Date : 2016-12-19 14:50:39
The purpose of this announcement is 1) to introduce the newest addition to our teaching staff, Ms. Alletha Barnett, 2) to inform you of your student’s upcoming winter vacation, and 3) to announce required winter break assignments.
Our newest teacher, Ms. Barnett, arrived in Japan last Tuesday, December 6, from Indiana, USA. She will be teaching Science and Math beginning next semester. Ms. Barnett graduated from Evangel University, Missouri, USA, with majors in Biology and Environmental Science and a minor in Mathematics. She is also SCUBA certified, has worked as an educator at the Indianapolis Zoo, plays cello, and sings classically. She is excited to work with your students to make learning enjoyable and engaging.
This week, your students have been hard at work preparing for and taking their semester exams. They are all looking forward to three weeks of well-deserved winter vacation. This year, winter break will begin Saturday, December 17, and classes will resume on Friday, January 6, 2017.
Your student’s homeroom teacher has given him/her five journal assignments and a section of required reading to complete over the winter holiday in addition to the three required memory verses for all students. Please ensure that your child completes all three assignments by the first day of class next semester, December 6.
1) For the journaling assignment, your child should complete five journal/diary entries over the holidays.
2) Your child’s winter reading assignment is listed below by homeroom teacher:
Haven: Every Child Everywhere! Good Luck Bear
Jamie, Hannah, Woojin: The Hidden Treasure
John: Paths of Gold
Emily : The deadly dungeon, The missing mummy, The bald bandit
Peter: Flat Stanley's worldwide adventures, Haunted castle on Hallows eve, Miss Kraft is daft
Danbee: Little Monkey Business, The Yellow Yacht,
Julia: September Sneakers
Lucy: Lily and Miss Liberty
Daniel: The Ninth Nugget
Jack: Tthe Talking T-rex
Benjamin: Junie B First Grader
Joseph: Amazing Magnetism
Sylvia: The Kidnapped King (A to Z Mysteries)
Jessica: The School Skeleton (A to Z Mysteries)
3) Finally, the three memory verses are:
1. Remember your Creator in the days of your youth! –Ecclesiastes 12:1a (2017 Bible verse for WICS)
2. Your Word is a lamp for my feet, and a light on my path –Psalm 119:105
3. I am not ashamed of the Gospel because it is the power of God –Romans 1:16a *
* 7th graders should memorize the entire verse (Romans 1:16):
I am not ashamed of the Gospel because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.
We pray that your family experiences Christ’s peace and joy this season. Please enjoy spending time with your student, and have a safe and blessed holiday!